Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What's the latest on Generic Epinephrine auto-injectors?

I think this letter summarizes the situation well.  Now for some practical comments.  This generic is identical to the Adrenaclick.  Note the instructions for use are not the same as with Epi-pen.  What are relative prices?  I don't know and to date I haven't been asked even once.  If there were a significant savings at least to the insurance companies, then I'd expect them to be pushing as hard as they do with all other medications, which is to say, very hard.  Pharmacies may feel the chance for a profit also.  Time will tell.  We are all subject to the laws of economics.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good information of Auto injectors.

Chiropractic St Paul mn

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.
 
My Zimbio Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory