Saturday, May 22, 2010

If I have Food Allergies, What else should I avoid? What are Food Cross-Reactivities?

Here's my answer.  This is a great table from an article by Scott Sicherer.  This is used with permission from the AAAAI and JACI.  The citation is "Sicherer SH. Clinical implications of cross-reactive food allergens. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2001 Dec;108(6):881-90".  I apologize for the blurriness.  I got the image from this page.  Depending on what you've been found allergic to, check the chart and be careful.  Primary prevention always works better than the best secondary treatments.
Your Allergy Dude

1 comment:

plastic surgeon los angeles said...

Thanks for the information.It is good to identify an allergy when there is time and act on the same.It should be remembered that allergies can not be cured usually but kept under good control.

Plastic surgery Beverly Hills

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.
 
My Zimbio Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory