Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My New Year's Day 2010 Adventure

Sorry about the late entry folks. On New Year's Eve, my daughter come to me and said,"The floor in the bathroom is getting darker!"  Uh-oh.  She was right.  Luckily, my brother was visiting.  With no external sign of leakage, we had to remove the toilet.  What I found made me sick in the stomach.  The wax ring that seals the toilet to the flange was leaking, because the flange was bent.  Some toilet products had been leaking for who knows how long onto the parquet wood floor.  The floor's wood was cracked, warped, and had a slight residue of urine and feces, not to mention the odor.  The subfloor was probably damaged also.  Oh joy.  For some moments in life, there are no words.  we made it to Home Depot that day once to get stuff before they closed.  Then the next day, we had to go to Home Depot two more times.  Thank you to Home Depot for being open on New Year's Day.  Actually there were a good number of people there.  In the process, I learned more about toilets.  There's a lot of good stuff available on the internet.  Finally, I settled on a new toilet and defered fixing the floors.  I don't do floors.  This only took most of the day!  So this will have to wait and so will the bill.  So that was my New Year's Day.  There may be a lesson I could learn from this.  I just don't know what.  Somehow, my dad will think of some four word Chinese idiom telling me how there's a pearl to be found somewhere in this mess.  Let's hope the next year does not start like this one....Your Allergy Dude.

No comments:

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.
 
My Zimbio Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory