Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wilderness First Aid courses at the Annual South Carolina Medical Association Meeting

I attended the South Carolina Medical Association's Annual Meeting this weekend.  On Saturday, I learned more about the Electronic Health Records that ObamaCare has mandated and then spoke with many of the physicians, administrators, and vendors present.  I was more pleased to see the afternoon sessions were about Wilderness First Aid.  Even though I'm a physician, every little bit helps to prevent and treat a medical injury as well as possible.  I have been Wilderness First Aid certified since 2006.  From 2011 forward, members of Boy Scout Troops are required to have certified Wilderness First Aid adults present.  I think this is a good thing.  The classroom portion is 16-24 hours long, like we all have that much time lying around.  Give a big hand to those that get certified.  The Association's Delegates meeting was on Sunday.  I felt "congressional."

The Allergy Dude recommends you get certified in Wilderness First Aid, especially if you do outdoor activities.  There's lots of good stuff to learn.  You never know when you are going to need to give Wilderness First Aid.  If you need Wilderness First Aid, who is going to give it?  [The Allergy Dude's wife sat through and passed the same certifying course.]

No comments:

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.
 
My Zimbio Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory