Saturday, April 10, 2010

Climb Greenville for the ALA! April 10, 2010

I support the American Lung Association.  We had this event Climb Greenville today.  Participants climbed the stairwells of the Liberty One and then Liberty Two buildings - 30 stories up.  Wrapped up inside of this fitness challenge was our goal of raising money to support educational programs for smoking cessation, asthma, and COPD.
As the Chairman of the Board of Advisors for the past 2 years, I was fortunate to have the agreement of my partners, so that we could be a Gold Sponsor.  Our office registered our team Allergic Disease and Asthma with me as the Captain.  I have never smoked cigarettes, but I can only imagine how smokers  and those with asthma or COPD feel each day.  Those last 10 flights were murder on my lungs and calves.  I was trying to keep up with my 16-year-old son.  Bad idea, very bad.  For me, that's a concrete goal to improve on next year's climb.  So if any one asks me if I had a good weekend, the answer is yes, except for the 5:37 climb and 3 hours it took me to recover.

I'd like to thank all of the volunteers at the event, the Board of Advisors, all of the participants, all of the donors, and the organizer, Tiffany Haney.  She was the real brains, heart, and muscle of the ALA Upstate Region of SC.  Kudos to her for her efforts.  Tiffany, you make a real difference!  Very well done!
Last words: reserve the date for next year!
Your Allergy Dude

No comments:

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.
 
My Zimbio Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory