Sunday, September 6, 2009

Review of Gentle Naturals Baby Eczema Cream

I was asked to review Gentle Naturals Baby Eczema Cream. I had never heard of this product before, but I found it easily by web search. Click on the link "Product Labeling". As you can see, the major ingredient is petrolatum, the third most common is mineral oil, followed by several other kinds of plant oils and some vitamins. The ingredients to my knowledge are safe, but not unique. This product may help some babies dry skin, however Vaseline or mineral oil alone may do just as good a job. I am unable to give this product anything more than a neutral rating. There are no studies that I could find demonstrating superior results over the compared product. Bottom line: if your baby's skin is dry, apply mineral oil or Vaseline routinely.

No comments:

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.
 
My Zimbio Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory