Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What is Turbinate Coblation?

My office manager asked me about the turbinate coblation procedure. I had never heard of it before. But as my mother-in-law reminds me that means nothing. She's right. Here's what my research found.
The first device approved by the FDA was designed by
ArthroCare in 2000 for a quick, outpatient procedure for turbinate reduction was in 2000. Somnus Medical Technologies has a device for the procedure named radiofrequency volumetric tissue reduction (RFVTR). Simply, high frequency radio waves are used to burn and remove the swollen mucosal tissue in the nose. Aetna insurance considers this procedure experimental and without sufficient comparative studies to warrant insurance payment at this time. Before I can recommend it, I also need more comparative studies, with larger numbers, much longer followup and safety measures. This may turn be terrific, but like so many new techniques, we need more information before we rush in and endorse it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi

My name is Amelia Murphy. I've just visited your website and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links with my website. I can offer you a home page link back from my Medical and Health Care Guide website which is http://www.der-starhopper.com/

I'm sure this exchange would be benefitial for both of our sites, helping towards increasing our visibility in search engines.

If you are interested, please add the following information to your website and kindly let me know when it's ready. I'll do the same for you in less than 24 hours, otherwise you can delete my link from your site.

Title: mesothelioma compensation
URL: http://www.asbestosvictimadvice.com
Description: we have helped many people just like you, we understand how worrying a time it can be.

I hope you have a nice day and thank you for your time.

Best regards;

Amelia Murphy
Web Marketing Consultant
amelia.murphy@der-starhopper.com


PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A SPAM OR AUTOMATED EMAIL, IT'S ONLY A REQUEST FOR A LINK EXCHANGE. YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS NOT BEEN ADDED TO ANY LISTS, AND YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED AGAIN.IF YOU'D LIKE TO MAKE SURE WE DON'T CONTACT YOU AGAIN, PLEASE FILL IN THE FOLLOWING FORM: HTTP://WWW.NOMOREMAILS.COM; OR WRITE AN EMAIL TO STOP@NOMOREMAILS.COM.
PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES FOR CONTACTING YOU.http://kaoallergyasthma.blogspot.com/

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.
 
My Zimbio Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory