Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day 2009

1. First, I would like to show my respect to: all those who gave their lives so that we can live in peace; to the families of those people; and to the people currently serving in the armed services and their families. Thank you. I have seen the results of wars with my own eyes, when I saw recently injured soldiers, soldiers who were injured many years ago, and displaced families. When I lived in Hong Kong, refugees from Vietnam came on boats through shark and pirate-infected waters to Hong Kong - the "Boat people". It was a sad sight.

2. Influenza news: WHO world count = 12,515, US CDC count 6,764 (both are increasing), SC count 36 (still the same, now for 28th place).

No comments:

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.
 
My Zimbio Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory