Friday, May 15, 2009

Can Ginger Reduce Allergy Symptoms?

A patient asked me if ginger can reduce allergy symptoms. I have never been asked this before. I have never read of nor heard of using ginger for allergies. Ginger comes from the Ginger plant, so it can be considered a natural therapy for some disorders. Ginger has been used by the (we) Chinese for over 2,000 years to treat nausea and upset stomach. More recently, ginger has been used for nausea associated with chemotherapy and still as a digestive aid. For the latter, since ginger is used in Chinese cooking, I can say that it does not upset my stomach. Before people conclude that I wholeheartedly endorse ginger, not some people have reported allergic reactions to ginger. So be careful and good luck.

No comments:

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.
 
My Zimbio Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory