Friday, December 19, 2008

Elestat for Allergic Conjunctivitis

Elestat is a prescription medication that can reduce the symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis. This is not an ad for Elestat. The situation was this. A patient said her eye burned after using another eye drop. Could I prescribe some thing else? So I took the taste test. I put Elestat in my eye twice per day for three consecutive days. There were no adverse effects, which is not direct contrast to the other prescription eyedrop. I felt better about prescribing this, knowing how the two meds feel in my eye. They have about the same positive effects.

There are multiple alternatives available (photo) for itchy, red, and watery eyes. If you have questions, ask your doctor...

No comments:

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.
 
My Zimbio Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory